Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Door

It's 3am, and here I am...why? I didn't get out of work until 1:30 again. I was tentatively scheduled to be out at 10:00, but for some reason the closers got cut and I was the one left to do the duties in the dining room.

Today wasn't a terribly spectacular day for any reason. I did manage to cut myself - not with a knife, not with broken glass, not with any of the myriad dangerous things you can find in a restaurant. No, I cut myself with a cupboard door. Twice. In two completely separate areas of my body. Not knowing where to find bandaids, I wandered around for at least five minutes looking for a trainer or manager, unable to get my customers their drinks for fear of bleeding on them. But it's all good - as I said to Doug, I can laugh at my own pain, and it was pretty funny.

No comments: