Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cold Beans

We're sitting here on the sofa waiting for our red beans & rice to finish cooking. It's taking so long I'm considering eating the ham and the rice and saying screw to the beans. I shall never again assume that dried beans can be eaten with 24 hours of leaving their package, no less within two. Now I understand why a recipe from my mom would contain a request for a *gasp* CANNED good: the beans. Damn.

Also, while striving to prepare said failing meal, there was no hot water to be had from the sink. An investigation has uncovered that we're out of propane, and neither of us can afford to pay for more right now. So Craig will be showering at work, and I'll be showering at the gym at school. The heat has already been off for a week and it's not really a big deal, as the electric can pick up the slack. The only real issue will probably be doing dishes. That's what used the last of the water, anyway, was the dishwasher. Stupid ungrateful machine. Or something.

As much as I'd like to post something scintillating, I haven't really got much right now. Today was spent alternating between doing homework and playing poker, and tonight is Poker Night, when we spend as many hours as humanly possible watching High Stakes Poker, usually followed by either the World Poker Tour or a World Series of Poker event. Last week it was reruns of the 2006 US Poker Championship, and last night was the Full Tilt Million Dollar Cash game. I'm such a junkie, but there are far worse things I could be addicted to.

1 comment:

SP said...

Thanks for the message Katherine. Your letter is L.

I hope the beans turned out alright.

Sassy