Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Week of Work, with Pictures!

This is my third day of work in a row, and I have one more tomorrow. I'm not complaining - I hardly got any hours for next week, so I'll take all I can get while I have it. I'm not feeling my sore feet, blisters, and bruises anymore, not because they've gone away, but because everything from my knees down has gone numb. It's probably unhealthy, but it's so much easier to work when I'm not in extreme pain.

Thursday night was good, since it was Thirsty Thursday for the college crowd, and there was some big game, and Bdubs brought in a DJ for the night. The bar was packed, and even though I was working Dining and not Bar Dining, I made $75. Last night, on the other hand, sucked. I was in Bar Dining, and though the crowd was decent, it wasn't huge. I would've done okay if three of my tables hadn't decided not to tip me. I was so fed up by the third one that I actually asked, and they assured me they would leave me money before they left the bar...but they disappeared without doing so. I came home pissed off and bitter at the world. What possesses people not to tip? Do they not know we get paid almost nothing as a wage? I make $2.63 an hour. I didn't even crack minimum wage yesterday.

I made $45 working day shift today, but the shift went well, and I don't expect to make as much during the day as the night. When they started cutting people at 3pm, I had four full tables, after doing just two all week, and it went really well. There was a screwup in the kitchen that meant one of my tables waited almost an hour for their order that should've taken 15 minutes, but they were very nice about it. The manager never figured out what happened; one of the other managers had done a fly ticket for a fish sandwich at my table, which no one had ordered, and somehow that resulted in their original (and correct) ticket getting lost.

Though the job depends entirely on the customers, and some of them are assholes, for the most part it's turning out to be enjoyable. Hopefully my blisters will heal eventually and turn into callouses, and I'll make some more money when they cut the shifts and give us each more tables. For now, though, I'm struggling to balance work and homework.

Liz, me, and Braulio at the Lab 'n' Lager in Keene on my 21st birthday:

Photobucket


Me and Craig at Haven:

Photobucket


Me and Leslie. Byrdy did her awesome hair.

Photobucket


Me and Abel. Somehow I failed to notice until I saw this picture that he was wearing eyeshadow. I really can't explain how I missed that. And yes, he was also wearing pigtails.

Photobucket


Two pictures that are too wide for this damn page.

Me, Pam, Paul, and Sarah:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh276/keskipper/haven02.png

Me and Byrdy:
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh276/keskipper/haven05.png


And finally, me in my infinitely stylish Bdubs uniform, complete with cheerleader ribbons in my hair:

Photobucket

No comments: