Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moving Day

It's finally over. I did it. I completed the Semester from Hell. Murphy's law applied many times more than normal to this term, as nearly everything that could have gone wrong did, but it's finally over. Despite the ice storm, I moved all my stuff out of the dorm this week, and I'm back in Deerfield.

I went to a crafting party at Snaric's house on Thursday night, which was quiet and a load of fun. There were five of us, Snaric, me, Sam, Susanne, and Jill, and we were all working on something different. There was mulled cider along with various other beverages and snackies (I made crackle, i.e., crack. It has been renamed because it is so addictive).

My grades have yet to come in, but honestly, I'm not that worried. (I also hope I didn't jinx myself by saying that.) I know I have As in Visual Basic and Midrange Systems, since Matt let me out of the final exams for both classes. I never actually saw a number for my grade in Chemistry, but I did well on exams and got all the in-class points, so I should be fine. As for Data Structures, Elvis gave us a printout of our grades a couple of weeks ago, and I worked out that if I got a hundred on the last assignment, I needed a 90 on the final to make an A. However, when my assignment came back, I had gotten a 130, and I feel like I did really well on the final, so...we shall see. Either way, I also asked him to write a letter of reference to the comp sci department at UMass.

And now to go unpack all my stuff from the car...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woohooo yea you!

hope your move is uneventful...

rage said...

Congratulations!

More power to you if you can figure out VB. I was always so horrible at that class.