Monday, December 1, 2008

Fleaing

The letdown is here...no more NaNo. Granted, I haven't really written since Thursday anyway, but now it's really, officially over. I have signed up for NaNoFiMo, but am not sure I can really squeeze another 30k out of this novel. I'm gonna try, but...well, we'll see.

Craig and I went fleaing yesterday for the first time in several months. We're still determined to collect and refurbish as many guitars/bass guitars as we can get our hands on. There were no electric guitars at the Holyoke flea yesterday, but there were a couple of small practice amps. We picked up a nice 30-watt (ish) Peavey for $30, after the guy selling it said that it would be $30 if I bargained, but $35 if Craig did. It's in good shape and has a really nice sound. I like it better than my own Crate! But now we've got two amps to practice with, meaning we can actually play together instead of taking turns.

In the interest of procrastinating as long as humanly possible on a semester chemistry paper last night, I found a tab for Def Leppard's Promises and began learning it. I chose it because (a) it's a song I like and sing well and (b) it has an easy second-guitar line so that Craig, who is just learning guitar, can play it too. I'm still not sure how I rate as a teacher, but he did great. That was probably his experience on bass talking and not my teaching skills. I'm excited about this song - I love jamming with other musicians more than pretty much anything else in the world.

The chem paper did get done, by the way. Three and a half pages. Research and writing together took me less than two hours, and it looks good! Hey, the teacher has admitted that this is not his assignment and he really doesn't give a shit, so I'm pretty sure it's an A, heads or tails. We're heading fast now for the end of the semester. This weekend was my last chem assignment (the paper), my last i5 assignment, and my last Data Structures assignment. Just one to go, for Visual Basic, and it's already half-done. Yayyy!!! Finals are coming!!!

Oh, and happy December, everyone. We got some shitty icy-type snow last night. Wasn't any good for playing in, but at least the back porch was white for a few hours.

No comments: