Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finals and the WWW

I got out the VB exam with a 97 average (but did agree to go visit Matt today anyway). I've got mugs of candy and tea and a box of coffee to deliver to various professors and my advisor. I picked up an extra shift at work this morning in a desperate attempt to have money before Christmas. The Data Structures exam becomes available at 1pm today...got to have the car to the shop at 2 o'clock this afternoon...Matt's office at 3. I really hope Autex mean what they say about the inspection being a half hour, because that's all I've got!

For my chem professor, I got a plain white mug and wrote on it in Sharpie: "Caffeine: 1,3,7-trimethylzanthate". I figured it was pretty safe to assume that a professor would drink coffee, or at least heavily caffeinated tea. Most of them do.

Anyway, on top of the above-mentioned, some part of me seems to have decided that sleep is a useless endeavour and should not be attempted. It drives me crazy lying there in the dark staring at the ceiling, especially when I'm actually tired. I think it's because of finals week; Craig says I did the same thing last year, although personally I don't remember that. Hopefully it will disappear come Friday, when it's all over.

On a note of accomplishments, I finished the new version of the website for The Everyday Epicure this morning! Minimal fighting with Dreamweaver was involved, which is an accomplishment in itself, as anyone who's ever done web design knows. It's still a mystery to me how supposedly "unformatted" text appears on a full page as an inch-and-a-half wide column and stretches the page to a couple of feet in length...and all this because I had the balls to hit the Italicize key. Microsoft is such a mystery some days. Oh wait, ALL days.

Next project: finish sites for Northeast Two-Way Comm and N1PMA.org, and then for my own business. Yeah, priorities. They're a pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw something funny on ThinkGeek.com... it was jewelry with electron micrographs of different chemicals...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/jewelry/9efe/

Caffeine is the one in the picture...