Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Finally, Good News

I did it I did it I did it!!! Sorry to shout in your virtual ear, but I'm too excited not to. I got into UMass!! The really awesome thing? That's not even the best of the news. The BEST of the news is that I got invited into Commonwealth College, which is UMass's honors program for super-awesome students.

I had hoped that would happen but figured it probably wouldn't. Hey, self-deprecation worked out: I got a great surprise! I'm not in the Computer Science program yet because I don't have all the pre-req's, but the admissions counselor I talked to told me that would probably happen. So next semester I'll take Calculus I and Assembly Language, then take Calculus II over the summer. I'll make some friends among the faculty of the CS department, get my current programming professors to write me a letter of recommendation, and everything should work out.

*does the happy dance*

Also, I hit 30k in my NaNo! 30,102, to be exact. Today's goal: 31,673.

No comments: