Friday, November 14, 2008

Day Fourteen

For the first time, I've actually gotten behind on my wordcount. I didn't write at all on the 12th; just didn't get to it. I'm playing the frantic catch-up game in all my classes, so I spent the day doing homework. I finally got my VB midterm done this morning (it was due Tuesday, but I got an extension). HW07B for Data Structures got finished yesterday (on time! Wow!), and I'm taking my chem exam next Tuesday (which was originally more than a week ago). I also need to start and finish two homeworks for my server class, which the prof says are the most important ones of the semester. Of course.

Last night's word count: 20,708. Today's goal: 23,338. I'm less than a day behind. Hopefully I can catch up this afternoon.

As far as UMass, they are still giving me a hard time about my application. I finally got the business with the fee sorted out, but now they are insisting that they can't look over my application until they have my transcript from PUCE. Since that has to come from Ecuador, one of the slowest countries in the world, I'm worried that it won't get there in time. I have to reply to UMass by December 1st to tell them whether I'll be going. It's November 14th and they're refusing to look over my application. Talk about getting down to the wire. I've emailed Tim and PUCE, my advisor, the admissions officer at UMass, and their dean of admissions (who hasn't seen fit to reply to me yet.) In short, I've talked to everyone I can, and now all I can do is just sit and twiddle and hope that transcript comes through ASAP.

No comments: