Monday, March 16, 2009

Solo Road Trip

Hm. I have posted absolutely nothing of what's actually been going on lately. I think for the most I'll keep it that way...but the result of the drama is that I'm not going to Atlantic City with Craig for spring break. We were supposed to leave this morning. Instead, I left by myself and went to Virginia to visit Alex. Eleven hours of driving by myself was certainly not my ideal way to spend a day, but it actually wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been. There's something therapeutic about just sailing along by yourself, listening to whatever music you want, singing if you want, and stopping where and when you want.

Of course, being me, I did manage to get a bit lost in New York, but with the help of mom and Google Maps I got out again and the rest of the trip went fine. I skipped Pennsylvania entirely, which was a large part of my original route, but I found a good way to get here and it worked out. I called Alex from the city of Roanoke, and she came and found me and we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant called Alejandro's. They had something I've never seen before but am a huge fan of: a salsa bar. They set a basket of chips on the table and you go get whatever types of salsa you want to go with it. I'm a salsa whore - it was a little piece of food heaven for me.

Thinking about it now is making me hungry again. Damn.

Alex has class all day tomorrow, so I'm going to hang out in her apartment and get as much school catchup work done as I can. Having recently failed two exams, I've got plenty to work on. But first, I sleep in, since I went to sleep at 2:30 this morning, was woken again at 4am, and then again at 6:30, and have been up since then. I just wish I had some way to work the kinks out of my neck and back that came from all the driving.

Oh, and in other wonderful news: my car needs a new engine. When it rains, it pours, right?

2 comments:

Craig Gagne said...

I can work out all the kinks and pains in your back if you will let me.

rage said...

I also like eating cheese queso with with the chips that they put out in those restaurants...yummy!

Sorry about your car needing a new engine. That really sucks.