Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Three Reasons I Almost Never Post

Finally, I'm working more than three hours a week. It's about time. I had hours in the CS Lab as a tutor/monitor on Thursday and Sunday mornings, and now I'm working in the IT Helpdesk on Monday mornings, Tuesday nights, and Friday mornings.

Schedule says I have to be in here at 7:30am on Fridays. It's news to me that that's actually an hour at which people are awake and functional. But I suppose that if I have to be up at obscene a.m., I'm at least getting paid for it.

Hopefully this will give me something else to blog about, as I came to the conclusion yesterday that most of what happens in my life falls into one of three categories:
A) It's just not interesting enough to write down
B) It would appear as either braggery or sympathy-fishing if I wrote it down
C) It's something you don't need and/or want to know about.

Then there's category C.1: It's incriminating, and therefore I plead the 5th. Don't let this alarm you. (You know that putting things in other people's mail boxes is a federal offense? I think everyone has committed a crime at some point, and many of them are just unaware of it.) I like to think I'm too smart to leave trails, like announcing that I put things in mailboxes. Hey, at least they're business cards and not rotten eggs, right?

In other news, I'll be doing NaNoWriMo again in November. For those of you I haven't yet subjected to the speech, that stands for NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth. The goal is to write 50,000 words of fiction between November 1st and 30th - no cutting, editing, or over-thinking allowed. Just write, for quantity and not quality. (That's then followed by the optional NaNoEdMo: National Novel Editing Month, in December. If that has a website, I'm unaware of it.)

Certainly that will give me something to blog about, provided I don't wear my fingers out typing said novel (and programming for classes) before I can update the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NaNoEdMo is actually in March - nanoedmo.net

December is NaNoFiMo, National Novel Finishing Month - nanofimo.org


Found you through How Not to Write. Sounds like you're keeping on track pretty well, that's great! I'm a bit behind, just hit 22,235. But I'm confident I'll speed up as I get closer to the end and I have loose ends to tie up. :-)

-Michelle
tess-nanowrimo.blogspot.com
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/200864