Friday, November 6, 2009

NaNo Recipes

It's that time again - NaNoWriMo! I'm two days behind, but not doing too badly. Of course, NaNo always means the conundrum of, "I want dessert, but I don't have time to make anything involved, like a pie." So I'm collecting quick recipes for good treats. Right now I've got a breakfast bread in the oven, but I won't post the recipe until I see how it comes out. Over the weekend, I made these:

Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups flour
3 tsps. baking powder
2 tbsps. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
3 tbsps. butter, melted
1 cup milk, warmed
2 tbsps. cocoa
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Melt the butter and add it to the warm milk. Stir the butter mixture and the egg into the dry ingredients and whisk until just blended. Add the cocoa, the chocolate chips, and the vanilla. Whisk until the cocoa is not entirely blended for a marbled look. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes ~12 muffins.

No comments: