Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jobs on Campus

I was all excited earlier today because I had thought of some material to post to the blog...and now, of course, I've forgotten what it was. Too many little to-do-list items on my mind to keep up with myself, I guess.

I have a job on campus now, and the odds are looking reasonable that I may have another one soon. I started last week as a monitor in the CS lab, which is a computer lab that's kept especially for CS101 students. (I think the department has to keep a lab for them because they're all too stupid to own their own computers. Oops, was that out loud?) Our job is to keep the lab from being abused and to tutor the CS101 students. I never took CS101 myself, although I remember that Chrysann did when we were roommates my freshman year, but given what I've seen so far of the projects and the level of computer knowledge of the students, I'm not worried.

The other job I've applied for is as a student tech at the school help desk. I interviewed for that one on Thursday, and I'm supposed to hear about it sometime on Monday. Eoin seemed impressed with my hardware diagnostic skills, and then promtply told me that I wouldn't actually need them, since we're not allowed to take apart anyone's computer. Our job is software support (like the KSC email system) and "classroom emergencies" (go press buttons when the professors can't get their DVDs to play).

I still can't imagine what else it was that I was planning to say. Hopefully I'll think of it. If not, apparently it wasn't that important.

No comments: